Whether this is your first car or just your next
one, you have already heard plenty of offers and details about a lease on a new
car, or a better plan to purchase another one. When it comes to getting into a
new car, consider leasing a new Subaru instead of buying.
When you lease
a new Subaru, you are saving yourself the headache down the road that all cars
over the age of 8 begin to run into, with major repairs and parts replacements. You may also get
a better deal at our dealership here in Bend, OR because
your monthly payments are not the overall value of the new car, but the value
from the time of you lease and to the end of it, as we use the guaranteed
residual value of the car when you bring it back. You also benefit from having
a warranty that covers the length of your lease, so if anything does happen to
the car during your lease, you are most often still under warranty, saving
money yet again.
Statistically, the majority of Subaru owners purchase their vehicle because that is
what they have always done. Actually, about 75% of Subaru owners buy their new car. This space is intended to show you why leasing has become an increasingly popular option. Not everyone is a good candidate for leasing, but many Subaru buyers are.
In this space, we'll give you some facts about leasing to enable you to determine if a Subaru lease is right for you. Here's some of the information you can review:
- Learn what a car lease is.
- Learn what makes Subaru leases unique and how Subaru's Owner Loyalty Program could save you money.
- Understand what your three options are at the end of a Subaru lease.
- Follow some simple rules for when you should lease and when you shouldn't.
- Ask our lease experts to give you a lease vs purchase quote on any new Subaru in our inventory.
What is an Automobile Lease?Think of leasing as if you are borrowing a vehicle. You pay for the part you use. With a lease, you are financing the use of the car and not the car itself.
Lease vs. Purchase:
When you lease a Subaru:
- LOWER monthly payment
- No trade-in negotiation
- Less maintenance cost (always under warranty)
- GAP protection included
- Update safety & technology every three years
- Receive Subaru Lease Loyalty Incentives
- No chance of negative equity
- Sales tax applied to monthly payment and
When you Purchase a Subaru:
- Higher monthly payment
- Negotiated trade-in value
- Responsible for maintenance costs after
- GAP protection NOT included - added
- Safety & technology does not change
- No loyalty incentives
- Potential negative equity when you sell if